Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files

From: Stefan Goerres
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and debugging with .COF Files
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:33:06 +0200

"Joerg Wunsch" <address@hidden> wrote

> > I can't watch strings
> > right now. any ideas?
>
> Please elaborate. ``I can't watch strings'' is not very precise.  What
> strings, what can you do, what are you getting?

I have something like this watching dateString and days

int gpsDecodeDate(const char *dateString)
{
    int days = (dateString[0] - '0') * 10 + dateString[1] - '0';

I'm getting something like  value=0x3230 type=unsigned char * and
location=R30:R31

I can expand timeString and see a char 0xFF :( Since I passed a 6 digit
date it was not that what I expected :(

> Remember, while i wrote the avr-coff-patch for GNU binutils, i don't
> have Windows and can't run AVR Studio 4 myself.  So please explain
> enough for me to follow you.

Enough? Want some screenshots? ;) the coff file?

> If you're talking about AVR Studio 3, remember it's obsolete.

of course, using 4.07

Stefan