Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Circuit for AVRDUDE

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Circuit for AVRDUDE
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:34:02 -0700

If you look at the file "avrdude.conf" you will see plain text listing of a
variety of
"LPT" programmers that it supports.  Just grab a DB25M connector and solder
your wires
to the pins indicated for the "dt006" or "bascom" programmer and you should be
ready to
go.  Or, you can take an old LPT cable, or DB25 serial cable (with all 25
lines), cut
off the unused end, fan out the wires and use the appropriate ones.  I have
done both
approaches and they all work fine.  You only need five wires:

MISO
MOSI
SCK
RESET
and
GND

Looking at the config file, it appears that some of the programmers use the LPT
port to
power the circuit as well.  That could be nice - if your target is low power -
the first
one listed, BSD, seems simple enough.

Oh, I noticed that none of the configs mention the GND pins!  Here is a
schematic for
the "dt006/SAMPLE" programmer:

http://www.dontronics.com/dt006_programming.html#programmer

Cheers!