[avr-gcc-list] pre-loading the internal EEPROM

From: Max Klein
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] pre-loading the internal EEPROM
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:27:19 -0500

Hello all,

Background:
I have been digging through the archives and google for the past few days, but still haven't found what I'm looking for. I have a project where I am using the EEPROM to store various configuration variables. The project involves many AVR controlled devices that all have the same software running on them, but each needs to have different EEPROM contents. I want to store the data in the EEPROM by address, so no fancy indexing or mappings are necessary.

The Problem:
All I want to do is create a .hex file (or whatever else works) with the EEPROM contents (byte-by-byte) so that I can mass-program my devices, and then go back and program the EEPROM on each device individually with an ISP. I don't mind using a hex editor to plug in the values one-by-one, but I just don't know where to start. I do *not* want the EEPROM contents to be listed in the C code, since the program is identical for all devices.

Any ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)