Re: [avr-gcc-list]

From: David Gay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:50:34 -0700

Ralph Mason wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to build avarice from CVS on cygwin.  Could someone out there
please decode the final error message here?  Seems like configure isn't
doing what's needed.  Although I know very little about all those tools.

This is where reading the file named 'INSTALL-FROM-CVS' comes in handy:

  To build avarice from the CVS distribution, you need
  automake
  autoconf 2.50 or later

  Directions: in this directory
  ./Bootstrap (once only after checkout)
  ./configure
  make

  To install:
  make install

  To make a distribution that doesn't need the above tools:
  make dist
  or: make distdir=<your favourite name for the toplevel directory> dist

David Gay
address@hidden