Re: [avr-gcc-list] 2 tricky questions

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 2 tricky questions
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:19:02 +0200 (MET DST)

"Marko Panger AGB Lab" <address@hidden> wrote:

> "The returning from the interrupt is managed by me. We misunderstood
> here."

> Who said I want return where I entered the interrupt ???

You cannot do that with an AVR.  An interrupt automatically pushes the
return address onto the stack, as Iztok was writing.

> Don't worry I know how this AVR works and perhaps many other
> processors.....

I haven't seen a single processor so far that /doesn't/ push the
return address onto the stack within an interrupt by hardware.  Some
processors push even more, some processors (like the i8008 or the
AT90S1200) push it onto a separate hardware stack that is not even
accessible other than for returning.