[avr-gcc-list] project announcement: Juicebox

From: Holly Gates
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] project announcement: Juicebox
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:54:58 -0400

Hello everyone, I just wanted to make a short announcement of the first public release of a project I have been working on with some friends for the past few months.

Juicebox is a small ATmega128 based board designed to form the core of a simple ebook/MP3 player device. Some of its features are:

* Small form factor: 50x56x3.7 mm
* Interfaces with Multimedia card
* FAT file system open/read
* Can scan a small E Ink panel directly (A2, Stingray, etc.)
* Bidirectional communications with standalone display controllers
* 8 bit AVR running at 8MHz for the CPU
* 128K External RAM
* Serial terminal
* Software developed using GNU tools on linux
* MP3 decoder/headphone amp
* Lithium Ion battery charger
* Support for ADXL202E MEMS accelerometer
* Supports 4x12 cell phone LCD
* 32.768kHz low speed xtal for RTC function
* Temp sensor
* Pads for external hall sensor
* Pads for 4 membrane switches on PCB

Project homepage: http://www.positron.org/projects/juicebox/
File downloads: http://sourceforge.net/projects/juicebox/

I hope the project files may be helpful for other people's designs!

-Holly Gates