[avr-gcc-list] New User: C++ Debugging

From: James Dabbs
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] New User: C++ Debugging
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:09:02 -0400

Hello list,

We're interested in porting an eC++ program  to the AtMega169.  We've gotten it to compile in GNU and it fits into the part OK, but now I'm looking for a quick read on *debugging* it.  Looking through AVRfreaks, I get mixed readings, usually boiling down to something like, "technically it can be done but.." with no firsthand success stories.  I've toyed around with GDB/Avarice, Avr studio 3, and 4, etc., but cannot quite get to the point of source-level debugging.  Just single-stepping through source lines and setting breakpoint points would be OK, even if I can't view variables.

Can I get there for here, and if so, how?

Thanks!