RE: [avr-gcc-list] New User: C++ Debugging

From: James Dabbs
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] New User: C++ Debugging
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:37:25 -0400

Thanks!

That is what I was beginning to suspect.  HOWEVER, I have two problems in
this area.  First, Avarice crashed as soon as a typed "target cisco
localhost 4242" from GDB.  Secondly, when I tried AvrStudio4, it talked me
into upgrading the flash on the JEDEC ICE, and now Avarice won't communicate
with it at all.  Is there a compliance map of what JEDEC S/W versions are
required to work with Avarice?  ALSO, has anyone actually done end-to-end
C++ debugging with avr-gdb, avarice, and the JEDEC ICE?

Thanks!

(PS.  Why doesn't Atmel just support elf?  Avr-gdb's been out for a couple
of YEARS, and there still only looks to be patchwork integration support
from Atmel.  I know I can't be the only person having these problems.  If
someone creates an excellent, free C/C++ compiler for your product, why not
integrate it into your tools?)