[avr-gcc-list] addr2line with wrong output, why?

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] addr2line with wrong output, why?
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:05:31 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

I want to build a viewer for trace outputs from simulavr. So I need the
addr2line information from my object files. For my c-coded sources all works
well but with assembler sources all filenames and line numbers are wrong.

gdb is able to find the correct line numbers in the debug information,
addr2line
find them not :-(

I compile my assembler sources with this command:
avr-gcc -mmcu=at90s8515 -Wa,--gstabs,-D -xassembler-with-cpp -Wa,-
alh pwm4_kernel.s -nostdlib -o pwm4.o > pwm.lst

Any idea how to get the source file name and line numbers out of a elf file
compiled from
assembler-sources?

Thanks
   Klaus