Re: [avr-gcc-list] Data pointer, pointing to the flash ROM???

From: Desi
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Data pointer, pointing to the flash ROM???
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:37:05 -0400

> Well, you're quite impatient. ;-)

Sorry, it's my nature...

> I still do want to help you, but haven't yet found the time to
> really look into your butterfly code so far.

Well I have new code, I'll tell yo later where
to down load, because I'd be called not to
attach nothing again, but I will put in some
else place... And yes I still want some help...

> Basically, you'll find the documentation for this in the avr-libc
> docs under ``Program-space strings''.  That's <avr/pgmspace.h>,
> but if you want to go ahead yourself, please do read the docs.

I do read the documentatio, but I'm trying to
find something more explicit, I did try some thing
as

#define __flash __attribute__((progmem))

or some thing like

#define __flash_a  __attribute__((section (".data")))

but i still have the same warnings, and I do
not see the menu yet in the display, but I did
use some of the LCD subrutines and did work fine...

I will read more of the prgspace.h and will try to
desapeer some of the warnings, but by now the code
work like 80% fine, except for the menus...

Regards!!!

Desi.