[avr-gcc-list] HELP: WARNING:Alignment of vtable greater than maximum o

From: Juneja, Vikas (Vikas)
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] HELP: WARNING:Alignment of vtable greater than maximum object fil e alignment?
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:19:24 +0530

Hi!

I am constantly getting this warning, on "gcc" complier.

 /software/routlib/pat.h:140: warning: alignment of `vtable for class PatTree' is greater than maximum object file alignment. Using 4.

Can smeone help me understand  under what conditions the alignment of virtual table exceeds maximum object file alignment, or is there any theoritical material available on GNU site that can help me understand the problem.

-Vikas Juneja.