Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 10

From: Iztok Zupet
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 10
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:00:42 +0200

On Friday 11 July 2003 10:33, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> "Dafni & Robert Berger" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If took me a couple of weeks to figure out, that the latest WinAVR
> > (also with beta patches) corrupts your code in the elf to coff
> > conversion.
>
> Well, you know that the COFF conversion is currently marked `beta'.
> So if you feel that something corrupts your code (which IMHO cannot
> even happen since the conversion only touches the debugging symbols
> but not the code itself), i'd like to hear the details from you, so
> it can eventually be fixed.

 Sorry, but this happened also to me, bout only when working with a program
full of interrupts. When programmed with uisp, it worked fine and programmed
with AvrStudio via hex file it also worked. But when I converted it to coff
file (both via objcopy or elfcoff) and downloaded via JTAG with AvrStudio,
both serial interrupt routines stopped working, like if the vectors werent
set up right.

Regards
Iztok