[avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy error

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy error
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:55:03 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to use the new and improved avr-objcopy to generate extended
coff files.

I've used 2 PCs now, one with Windoze 98SE and one with ME.

Both give me the same error:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down."

whenever I use the --debugging option.  It works fine if I leave that
option out, but then I don't get the coveted debugging info!

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?  How I can fix it?  Thank
you.

Keith