Re: [avr-gcc-list] ".org" in external asm file

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ".org" in external asm file
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've just been dealing with this problem... Here's the method that worked
for me.

In your assembly file:

    .section .sboxes,"ax",@progbits
    .global  sboxes         ; Prototype

sboxes:
  .byte ...

In your make file:
override LDFLAGS       =
-Wl,-Map,$(PRG).map,--section-start=.sboxes=0x05f00

and if you want it in a hex file:

%.hex: %.elf
        $(OBJCOPY) -j .text -j .data -j .sboxes -O ihex $< $@

Keith