Re: [avr-gcc-list] usb programmer

From: Reza Naima
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] usb programmer
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:11:03 -0700

I'm not sure if this is what you're interested in, but I've built a
circuit using the FTDI usb driver chipset and wrote appropriate
bootloader code and unix (tested on linux and macOsX) CLI programmer for it.
In theory it should work with all bootload-capable AVR ICs.  Email me if
you want an advance copy -- I've been meaning to clean it up before
posting it.  It's decently fast, sends data, compares checksum with
data, programs, and verifies that it has been programmed properly. It
should be easy to modify it to use a serial interface as well.

It can access pages using random access and I've been meaning on
building a 'diff-aware' tool to upload only modified pages to increase
programming speed.

Reza

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 08:29:01AM +1200, Jason Kyle sent me this...