Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dumping .data & .bss

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dumping .data & .bss
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:16:18 +0200 (MET DST)

As "Ralph Mason" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Is it possible to get a list of what is in both the .bss and data
>sections.  Ideally, I would like the address, symbol name and the
>file it came from.

Again, avr-nm is your friend.  It gives you symbol and address.

As for the originating file name, that'll be more difficult.  Only the
linker knows where it came from, so after linking, this information is
lost.  You need a linker map to get this information (which is
unfortunately /a lot/ more complex than the simple symbol table output
of avr-nm).

Oh, and remember that avr-gcc uses an offset of 0x800000 for all SRAM
addresses.