Re: [avr-gcc-list] Comma Operator in #define

From: Bernd Trog
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Comma Operator in #define
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Keith Gudger wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for your comments on this issue.  It looks like the
> inline function is the best way to go - it seems to work.
>
> I have had problems with inline functions in IAR - what should I watch out
> for in GCC?

For example, this code compiled with gcc-3.2.1:
#define PORTD 0x12
static
inline
void
write_byte( unsigned char adr, unsigned char data )
{
    asm("out %0, %1" : : "I" (adr), "r" (data)  );
}

int main(void)
{
  write_byte( PORTD, 4);
  return 0;
}

but not with gcc-3.3 :-(

So, watch out! And be prepared to patch your compiler until it fits your
own needs ;-)