Re: [avr-gcc-list] typdefing 'cost' .. PROGMEM doesn't work

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] typdefing 'cost' .. PROGMEM doesn't work
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:45:55 +0200 (MET DST)

As "Dave Hansen" <address@hidden> wrote:

>You need to look at his original example again.  Essentially he had two
>typedefs and two variable declarations analogous to that below:
>
>   typedef const int PW1 PROGMEM;
>   typedef int PW2 PROGMEM;
>
>   PW1 v1;
>   const PW2 v2;

Ah, now i see.

Placing of __attribute__ is position-dependant, and can sometimes be
very tricky. :-(  Here's the doc pointer:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/Attribute-Syntax.html#Attribute%20Syntax

I've always found it best to use __attribute__((__progmem__)) as the
last part of the declaration:

const int foo PROGMEM = 42;