Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb connection problem with avarice

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb connection problem with avarice
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:07:28 +0200 (MET DST)

As Jaiphen Hsiung <address@hidden> wrote:

>5. "target remote localhost:1700" in avr-gdb
>6. "load" download the file to my target system.

Did you verify the target is loaded correctly?

I've seen several cases where only part of the target's ROM is
being loaded that way, say only the first 0x100 bytes for example.
You can look at the ROM using

x/32hx 0

followed by

x/32hx

repeatedly (use CursorUp, followed by Enter to repeat the previous
line).

>all of the above procedure works fine. The following are the command
>that gave me problem.
>7. "break main" in avr-gdb
>8. "continue"
>Then avr-gdb stucks there.

With heavy JTAG activity? (see the LED)

Also, you can just try to ^C, this should interrupt the target.

[Please don't post HTML.]