Re: [avr-gcc-list] Special tools to compile the CVS versions of avr-li

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Special tools to compile the CVS versions of avr-libc/simulavr/av rdude etc
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:43:17 +1200

At 15:22 08/08/2003 -0700, Brian Korsedal wrote:

Hi,

I've been downloading sources from the CVS repositories on the savannah website. I cannot seem to compile any of them. I've found documentation on how to compile them, most often it tells me to run the configure script. There does not seem to be a configure script in the CVS repositories. I've tried using aclocal, automake, autoconf and a few others, but this is the first time I have used these tools and I am not sure that I am using them correctly.

I am most interested in getting avr-libc to work.  Here are the

address@hidden src]# cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/avr-libc login
Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/avr-libc
CVS password:
address@hidden src]# cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/avr-libc co avr-libc/
cvs server: Updating avr-libc
cvs checkout: move away avr-libc/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C avr-libc/.cvsignore
U avr-libc/AUTHORS

U avr-libc/libm/fplib/tanh.S
address@hidden src]# cd avr-libc/
address@hidden avr-libc]# ls
AUTHORS ChangeLog common config.sub crt1 doc dodist include libc LICENSE NEWS reconf

avr-libc.spec.in ChangeLog-2002 config-ml.in configure.in CVS doconf domake INSTALL libm Makefile.am README
address@hidden avr-libc]#

Now, I can do several things. I can run the ./doconf script. It will tell me that I have no configure script.

I can run aclocal then autoconf. This will give me a configure script. I then try ./doconf and it give me this error:

configure: error: This is libc for the avr target only!

I'm assuming I need to either perform aclocal and autoconf diffrently, or edit doconf so that it sets the compiler for an avr.

Any suggestions?

Run ./reconf to generate configure script

Jason

-Brian