[avr-gcc-list] compiling tools script and writeup

From: Brian Korsedal
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] compiling tools script and writeup
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:45:38 -0700

I'm putting together a writeup on how to cross compile the tools just for the AVR and a script.  It's going to be a short writeup with a link to a much better one at http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/FAQ.html#toc4.

I have a script written that will compile all the tools but avr-libc.  I can't figure out how to compile and install it.

Here is the script and a writeup telling you where to get the sources.  I'm building in /usr/src/avrtools/ and this is what the directory has in it:

address@hidden avrtools]# ls
avrdude  avr-libc  binutils-build  build_script  dejagnu  gcc  gcc-build  simulavr  src
address@hidden avrtools]#

You need to customize the script before you run it.

If anyone can either add the compilation for avr-libc (and then un-commment the gdb compile) or tell me what procedure to run (please be specific) that would be great.

-Brian