Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:03:20 -0600

Julius Luukko wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 00:43, E. Weddington wrote:
> > Attached is the latest so
> > far.
>
> Hello all (and particularly Eric),
>
> I have changed the sample makefile.cof supplied in the WinAVR coff-beta
> distribution so that
>
> - the source files can be located in different directories than the current
> directory
> - you don't have to have write permission to the source directories since .d
> and .lst files are put in the current directory
>
> Attached is a bit stripped version of the makefile that I have used and
> therefore this sample makefile is not actually tested. It only includes the
> necessary changes to makefile.cof supplied with the WinAVR coff-beta.
> Moreover I have mostly used a Linux system. The makefile uses the make
> variable VPATH for directory searching and multiple directories can be
> separated by colons in Unix systems whereas in Windows, the colon can be a
> part of the directory name itself. If there are problems, I can also mail my
> original makefile privately if someone is interested.

Thanks!

As I mentioned on a different thread about makefile additions: I'll be checking
this over the next week or so; I've been out for the last 2 week and I'm still
trying to catch up.

I'm very interested in incorporating new features for a sample makefile, and I
really appreciate this submission and the other submission from Mike Hudson.

Eric