Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto,

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto, Was: Re: avr-libc install problem
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:06:25 +1000

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:01:09PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
> apt-get install -t testing texinfo
>
> This will get version 4.6.

   Thank you Russell. You've made it so easy, when it was looking very
   ugly. (And as a bonus, additional apt-get behaviour has become clear.)

> apt-get install -t testing gdb
> apt-get install -t testing ddd

   Installing ddd, and building gdb for avr, then following Ted's
   simulavr/README.gdb, simulavr and gdb hook up handsomely.

   I'll try gdb first, then add ddd. (It is best to crawl before I
   walk.) The manpages and manuals should keep me quiet for a stretch,
   now. :-)

Thanks again,
Erik