Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to do multi-line assembler macros?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to do multi-line assembler macros?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:07:27 GMT

> Speaking about this, AVR Studio uses well-known names
that contain
> question marks to emulate their (arguably crappy) UART IO
simulation
> (?C_GETCHAR and ?C_PUTCHAR).  Currently, gas does not
support names
> like this, could this perhaps be made happen?  If so, we
could easily
> provide this option in avr-libc as well (albeit AVR
Studio 4 doesn't
> have that feature at all by now, only AS3).

[OT]
Instead of providing this feature to work work with AS3
(since at some point it will be deprecated over AS4), why
not see if something like it can be provided with
GDB/Insight + SimulAVR.

The next WinAVR release will contain Insight and SimulAVR
so IMO they'll probably start getting used a lot more....

But this is another thread.:)

Eric