Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega8 & avr-libc

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega8 & avr-libc
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:20:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Mattias Svensson wrote:

> I had the same problem, with avr-libc-20030422cvs though.
>
> The thing was that in the main Makefile and the Makefile in the crt1/
> subdirectory of avr-libc the following was missing:
>
> Both the "AVR_CRT_MEGA =" and AVR_CRT_OTHER ="  was empty.
>
> This caused the crtm*.o files not to be built and installed.
>
> It should be:
> AVR_CRT_MEGA = crtm161.o crtm162.o crtm163.o crtm169.o crtm323.o
> crtm128.o crtm8.o crtm16.o crtm32.o crtm64.o
>
> AVR_CRT_OTHER = crt86401.o ctrat94k.o
>
> When I fixed this the crtm*.o files were made and installed ok.
>
> I do not know if this is a general problem or if it was caused by myself
> somehow, but the fix above made it work for me.

Did you look in the avr5 dir? That is where those files will be built
and the Makefiles should have the variables set correctly.

The build system sets AVR_CRT_MEGA, AVR_CRT_OTHER, AVR_CRT_AT90, and
AVR_CRT_TINY differently based on the target type (avr1, avr2, avr3,
avr4, or avr5). See configure.in for more details.

In the main build dir, "AVR_CRT_MEGA =" and AVR_CRT_OTHER =" should be
empty.

Ted Roth