Re: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude upgrade

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude upgrade
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:34:00 -0400

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 10:50:41AM +0200, Ezio Balbo wrote:

> I did read the atmel data sheet about mega8535 and mega8515,
> I think the only difference for avrdude is the signature byte.
> It' right?

I haven't looked closely at the respective datasheets, but AVRDUDE
does not base decisions on the signature bytes, so that should not
matter.  If the STK500 device code is different between the two, that
would be a good reason to make a new entry in case the STK500 does
something different for the two devices.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean, address@hidden
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board