Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help reg. gcc

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help reg. gcc
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:08:11 GMT

> Hi,
>   I am an absolute newbie to gcc.
> I am using WinAVR studio 4.07.I am coding in C for
ATmega128l.I
> compiled the code in ICCAVR and simulated the code in
WInAVR.It was great fun.
>   But I have no idea absolutely how to use the gcc as I
expect it to be
> a wonderful learning experience.
>     I am trying to find my way out searching for material
on www .
> Could anyone please mentor or guide me so that I can
start my work
> with gcc.
>
> anticipating help
> deepak

You're confusing your software packages. There is:
1. WinAVR - Toolset for Windows which includes the
compiler. The version number of WinAVR is a date code such
as: 20030424.
2. AVR Studio - Software from Atmel that includes a
debugger.

There is no such thing as WinAVR Studio 4.07.

The best place to get started is at the AVR Freaks web site:
<http://www.avrfreaks.net/>

On AVR Freaks, there is a wonderful doc about how to
install WinAVR and get started, written by Colin O'Flynn:
<http://www.avrfreaks.net/filednload.php?
url=/Tools/ToolFiles/376/install_config_WinAVR.pdf>