Re: [avr-gcc-list] Migration from AVR GCC to WinAVR or new Linux avr-gcc

From: Julius Luukko
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Migration from AVR GCC to WinAVR or new Linux avr-gcc
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:53:44 +0300

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 09:42, Goran Pufler wrote:
> Thx,
> but unfortunatly this is not a case. Let me explain history of this
> problems.
>
> I have hardware which work just fine with old sw compiled with old avr gcc
> for windows. The I decide to add some functionalities - store some
> structural data into a eeprom. I miss function eeprom_write_block, so I
> decide to transfer to the Linux version of avr-gcc. When I compile the code
> - it doesn't work - first I was blaming isp sw, then I decide make some
> tests: I took old hex file and write it to the device using AVR studio and
> avrdude, and everything work just fine. The I take new hex compiled on
> linux, and try on same hw with same ISP sw (AVR Studio and avrdude), and
> nothing. Then I take old one - everything is fine.
>
> So it must (or should) be something with new version, or maybe I made some
> mistake changing the makefile - but I only change SRC and ASM lines ?
>
> I will try to change all calls to the outp and we will see

Hello,

Do you have interrupt service routines coded with assembler? If so, your
original source might miss the inclusion of avr/io.h. The interrupt vector
table won't be correct unless you include avr/io.h. Remember also to use the
c-preprocessor.

--
D.Sc. Julius Luukko
Laboratory of Control Engineering/Department of Electrical Engineering