RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030913 Released

From: Tom Harris
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030913 Released
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:39:10 +1000

Greetings

>- avrdude 4.2.0:
>  - New switch that lets you program everything including fuses all in
>    one line! It also includes an automatic erase.

I seem to remember somwhere reading that the fuse registers could be worn
out by too much programming. If I use the new -U switch on avrdude to
program flash and the fuse registers, am I wearing out my fuse registers? Of
course the flash data changes daily, whereas the fuse data does not.

TomH <tomh(AT)optiscan(DOT)com>