[avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Issue

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone else seen this problem or has a solution to it?

I'm trying to make a library in the latest WinAVR release.  When I use the
library, I get this error message:

could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one

I ran avr-as  with the -s option.  I even tried ranlib.  Still no success!
This used to work on the previous versions of WinAvr.  My libraries I
created with the previous versions also work with this version.

I launched cygwin and ran its "ar" and "ranlib" - same error message.

My current WinAvr is version 20030913.

Thanks.
Keith