[avr-gcc-list] Const array in bootloader section

From: Marko Panger AGB Lab
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Const array in bootloader section
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:50:12 +0200

Hello all !

I am implementing a bootloader which will receive data over a standard UART.
Because the board will be mounted in a very noisy environment I would like
to compute a CRC over the received data. The CRC is computed by using a CRC
table.

The problem is that I am unable to load the CRC table in the bootloader
section. Here is how my array looks:

prog_char CrcTable[] = { 0, 1, 2, 3, yada,  yada };

I have tried this but it doesn't work:

prog_char CrcTable[]  __attribute__ ((section (".bootloader")))  = { 0, 1,
2, 3, yada,  yada };

Any idea how to place the table in the bootloader section ?

Thanks,
Marko