Re: [avr-gcc-list] clock skew detected

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] clock skew detected
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:51:52 +0200

> I'm using Windows XP, and I haven't seen this error on my old Windows 98
> computer.
> Should I just not worry about it, or could it be affecting my programs?

Are you using FAT32 instead of NTFS?  (And if so, why?)  I think the problem
was more related to the low accuracy of the timestamps (2 seconds) rather
than the OS.  I don't think it is a big problem - just "make" away happily,
but look at which files are rebuilt and check that the ones you want are
rebuilt.  To be absolutely sure, you can always delete all your object
files, and there is always the ineligant solution of using a batch file to
always recompile all your files - on a fast machine, it won't make much
difference.

> Also, for my application (RoboCup Junior soccer) I need to optimise my
code
> for speed, without having to worry much about space (32kB on the
ATMega32).
> Which optimisation setting should I specify in the makefile?

Off the top of my head,
try -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline -funroll-all-loops.  Check the
generated assembly code for a few test cases to see if it makes much
difference.

> Thanks,
> Jack
>
> (sorry David if you get this twice)

The old "reply to" button on OE ?  Don't worry, I've done it a few times
myself...

David

***