RE: [avr-gcc-list] Errors When Trying To Compile A Project Under A Newe

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Errors When Trying To Compile A Project Under A Newer AVR-GCC Package....
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:27:58 +1300

>       I have a C project that compiles fine under an older
> version of the avr-gcc package.  I am not sure what version
> the package is, but I get the following results when I run
> avr-gcc -v at the command prompt:

I think your problem is that the way I/O ports are handled has changed.
Have a look at the section 'Special function registers' in the avr-libc
manual that is under the WinAVR\doc\avr-libc directory.

file://C:\WinAVR\doc\avr-libc\avr-libc-user-manual\group__avr__sfr.html

There is a backward compatibility mode you can define somewhere but it
is not obvious to me but I do remember such a thing existed after the
change.

Good luck

Alex