Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc runtime lib, avr-libc, and multi-thread

From: Artur Lipowski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc runtime lib, avr-libc, and multi-thread
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:26:24 +0100

Kang Tin LAI wrote:
For avr-gcc runtime lib, is there any special or need to take care for multi-tasking? I use avr-gcc for compiling my kernel since day one and found nothing wrong, so avr-gcc runtime should be re-enter-able and multi-thread safe, is it?
I assume that you use some preemptive RTOS, if not then locking (at the libc level) doesn't matter.

If the avr-libc tends to be similiar to "standard" libc (more or less POSIX like) then there are well defined rules and interfaces for thread safe functionality. IMO there is no need to invent something new. It will be very interesting (and ambitious) project to extend the avr-libc in such way.
Do you want start it 8-)

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski