[avr-gcc-list] How do i start w/o any ISP programmer

From: harshit suri
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] How do i start w/o any ISP programmer
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:14:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi

i have just started learning the Atmel MCU  and
ordered samples of ATMEGA128 for our project.

I have set up the AVR GCC tool chain with uisp
programmer tool on my linux station

My questions are :

--How can i program a bootloader into the new MCU so
that i can further program in-system using the serial
port of the ATMEGA128 ? (i wish to use the stk500
bootloader)
--I dont have any programmer(hardware) and wish to
build one that can burn the bootloader and
subsequently program the chip serially in-system
--please tell me any links to schematics or documents.
I already tried looking into the archives.

all i want to buy is a TQFPK 64 to DIP package
converter(so that i can prototype on a breadboard).
The rest i want to build due to budgetary constraints.

thanks for any help.