Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny2313 for AVRDUDE?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny2313 for AVRDUDE?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:56:42 -0500

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:35:19PM -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:

> Atmel> Sorry about the delay in responding and even more sorry about
> Atmel> the answer. The official answer from the factory is that there
> Atmel> is no device code for the Tiny2313. They suggest using a
> Atmel> different programmer, like the AVR-ISP.
>
> When we use the AVR-ISP it only lasted about a month, then failed and shut
> down production.  Happened several times before we gave up on the AVR-ISP
> route.
>
> Is it possible for Tiny2313 to not have a device code?  Seems unlikely.
>
> I've got Tiny2313's in hand, O'scope, logic analyzer and other equipment
> warming up if some one can point me in the direction of what I should be
> looking for to figure out the needed codes.

Hmmm - I thought the AVRISP used the same protocol as the STK500,
thus they should share the device code identifiers.  Perhaps Atmel
will release a firmware update at some point to handle that.

Do you have a way of testing it out with AVR Studio using your STK500?
Does that software properly recognize the ATtiny2313 and able to
program it using the STK500?  I would certainly expect it does.

-Brian