Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc and avr studio assembler.. link possibilities?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc and avr studio assembler.. link possibilities?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:26:16 -0700

On 13 Feb 2004 at 11:40, Carlos Becker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to compile some libs with the AVR Studio
> Compiler (assembler) and then use them within a gcc program. I already have
> the
> libs written for atmel's compiler

Assuming that the assembly function was written to the AVR-GCC calling
convention (found in the avr-libc FAQ), the only problem you might run into
would be file formats, i.e. is the Atmel Assembler object file format
compatible with (can be read by) GCC? Somehow I doubt that they would be
compatible, but give it a try....

> and I couldn't find good doc's about the gcc
> assembler..

GCC is just the compiler (C, C++, Ada, Fortran, Objective C, etc.)

The assembler (GNU as) is a part of the GNU Binutils package. Look in the GNU
Binutils User Manual for more information.