Re: [avr-gcc-list] "initializer is not constant"

From: Robert Rozman
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] "initializer is not constant"
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:36:38 +0100

Hi,

thanks for response. Since I'm unexsperienced programmer I still couldn't
find a way how to change my program to work. It worked OK in 2001 version of
avrgcc. I'm initializing struct with
volatile input_sensors        sensor_inputs [MAX_SENSOR_GROUPS] = {
        LCD_KEYS_PORT, LCD_KEYS_START, LCD_KEYS_NUM, 0x0f, {0xff, 0xff,
0xff, 0xff}, LCD_KEYS_MASKA, INP_KEY, 'K',

and  LCD_KEYS_PORT  is defined with this:

#define LCD_KEYS_PORT PIND

And I get error:

node5_0.c:87: error: initializer element is not constant
node5_0.c:87: error: (near initialization for
`sensor_inputs[0].port_address')

Could anyone tell me what is wrong ? I'm not calline or trasferring any port
adresses. Just plain use of defined PIND constants...

Please have patience with me,

Thanks,

Robert.