[avr-gcc-list] development board

From: David Morrison
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] development board
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:15:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
Could someone reccomend an AVR development board that is compact yet brings the
GPIO pins out so the user can access them?  Oh, it would also need to have at
least 1 UART (or USART).

 I have experience using the CANDIP product (based off of the ATMega162) but
being that I do not need the CAN interface for this project (and it is tying up
a couple GPIO pins) it would be overkill.

I appreciate any suggestions.

dave

btw: reason I am not going with the 300 or 500 prototype boards is that they
are to big for the application that I have in mind and I am not a hardware
developer so developing my own is out too.

I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
        -Bjarne Stroustrup, computer science professor, designer of C++
       programming language (1950- )