[avr-gcc-list] WinAVR + eclipse

From: Dario Carluccio
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR + eclipse
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:14:38 +0100

Hello AVR Freaks,

two weeks I have installed WinAVR and it works perfect for me.

As Editor I use the "Programmers Notepad". It is small and nice, but I
am searching an Editor with more features.

Now I found eclipse[1]. It is working fine, but I have some few
problems and therefore my question: Does anybody here user eclipse as
IDE with WinAVR?

Here are my problems:
 - I don't know how to activate autosaving before compiling.
 - The Error-parser detects the following make-output-line as error,
   I don't know how to masks this, here the line.
   ,-----
   |  set -e; $(CC) -MM $(ALL_CFLAGS) $< \
   |          | sed 's,\(.*\)\.o[ :]*,\1.o \1.d : ,g' > $@; \
   |          [ -s $@ ] || rm -f $@
   `-----

But so far the free eclipse IDE is one of the best I've ever seen.
Maybe some of you AVR-Freak give it a try.

FYI: Eclipse does not have to bee installed, the files only have to be
     copied to the harddisk.
     I installed the folowing packages:
     - Eclipse-Platform Release Build: 2.1.2 [2]
     - C++ plugin CDT [3]
     - Language-Pack [4]

bye
   Dario

[1] http://www.eclipse.org
[2] eclipse-platform-2.1.2-win32.zip
[3] cdt-full-1.2-win32.zip
[4] eclipse2.1.2.1-SDK-win32-LanguagePackFeature.zip
--
NO SIG