Re: [avr-gcc-list] Very beginner problem with avr-gcc

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Very beginner problem with avr-gcc
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:09:57 -0700

On 2 Mar 2004 at 17:35, Alan Kilian wrote:

>   I have done lots of embedded development, and have plenty of
>   experience running gcc under SOlaris and Linux, but I am a
>   novice running avr-gcc under Cygwin on a Windows/XP box.
>
>   I have a program like this:
>
>   #include "this.h"
>   #include "that.h"
>   main () {}
>

>   In the current directory, I have a file called this.h
>   in /tmp I have a file called that.h
>
>   I try and compile using
>
>   $ avr-gcc -o a a.c -I/tmp
>   a.c:2:18: that.h: No suck file or directory

If you're using avr-gcc from WinAVR, then remember that avr-gcc is not compiled
with Cygwin; it's compiled with MinGW, creating a native Win32 executable.

Have you tried?:
avr-gcc -o a a.c -I\tmp
Notice the backslash, instead of the forward slash.

Also a better test program would be:
#include "this.h"
#include "that.h"
int main (void)
{
        return(0);
}

Otherwise you may get further warnings / errors.

If you're using WinAVR, it comes with examples that you can build out-of-the
box.