Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc with memory maps

From: Julius Luukko
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc with memory maps
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:06:13 +0200

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 11:12, Juha Ylinen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Whatkind of support is there for the usage of two different memory spaces
> (program memory and ram) on avr-gcc. I understand, at least in older
> versions of avr-gcc this was a weakness of avr-gcc. Is there a document
> online of this issue?

Terve Juha,

You may use macros and functions provided by avr-libc. The documentation is a
bit misleadingly named as "Program space string utilities", but the macros
are usuful no matter the data is. Please look at the latest on-line version
of the avr-libc manual at

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/index.html

This issue has been also discussed a lot at least in the AVRFreaks gcc forum.

--
D.Sc. Julius Luukko
Laboratory of Control Engineering/Department of Electrical Engineering