[avr-gcc-list] Resetting the stack pointer

From: John Butera
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Resetting the stack pointer
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:28:43 -0600

<x-flowed>
In my INT0 interrupt handler, I use a large portion of the 512 bytes of sram available on the mega8515.

The interrupt handler disables all interrupts besides itself and eventually lets the watchdog reset the MCU, so anything on the stack before the interrupt is irrelevant.

Is it safe to simply do...
SP = RAMEND; /* Get sram back to a known state */
... to start with a new stack?

My INT0 handler has signal and noreturn attributes. I am unsure if specifying naked would do anything different. I have heard some talk about noreturn and naked on this list, but I'm not positive of the differences. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Butera