Re: [avr-gcc-list] Support for ATMega256 and ATMega2560

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Support for ATMega256 and ATMega2560
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:23:23 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> I would vote for 24-bit pointers all the way around. There are a
> number of users that want progmem constants > 64 KB.

Even more preferrable: an option like -mlong-pointers to use 3-byte
pointers for everything (would make sense already on the ATmega128
then), and default to 2-byte non-function pointers to save space
(remember, that's saving RAM, too!).

But of course, I guess it's not yet Christmas time to start making
wishlists. ;-)