RE: [avr-gcc-list] code size: .text vs .data

From: Dave Hansen
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] code size: .text vs .data
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:21:04 -0400

From: Pat Deegan <address@hidden>
[...]
Well, I'm using the generic Makefile we put together to build the
program (see http://electrons.psychogenic.com/avr/linux/makefile.php).

Just a wild guess, but I notice the template specifies an at90s8515, which has 8k flash, and that you are near 8k on the project that is failing. Have you properly specified the mega32 in your makefile?

Using this, the final step is simply:

  avr-gcc -Wl,-Map,a.out.map -lm  -o a.out a.o b.o c.o ...

My own makefile includes the option -mmcu=$(MCU) as the first option to the linker. This may help as well. It (my makefile) is based on the excellent example makefile included with WinAVR.

HTH,
  -=Dave

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/