Re: [avr-gcc-list] RC5 IR encoder/decoder?

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RC5 IR encoder/decoder?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:05:56 +1000

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 09:35:45AM -0400, James Dabbs wrote:
> I've found some PIC and AVR assembler, but I need to get it into an
> existing AVR-GCC program.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

   Have you considered linking the AVR assembler code with your C
program? The avr-gcc function call conventions are documented in the
avr-libc user manual, available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/.

   Looking at some avr-gcc output confirms a char* function parameter
being passed in r24 & r25, while a char is returned in r24.

   So long as the assembler functions take few parameters, you shouldn't
experience avr-gcc throwing the extra ones on the stack.

HTH,
Erik