Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problems with scanf_P()

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problems with scanf_P()
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:18:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Forwarded on Eric's behalf.

Oops, the list server purged the forwarded message. :(  So here again:

------------------
On 12 Jul 2004 at 17:18, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Eric Weddington might correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC if you've got
> a few Cygwin bits around on the Windows machine, compiling avr-libc
> from source is not a big deal.  Debugging symbols are present by
> default.  WinAVR explicitly strips them because they used to confuse
> people by getting obscure warnings in the COFF converter, and because
> of the pathname issue (development machine vs. target system), they
> are pretty pointless on the target machine anyway.

FYI, you are correct. They can use the binutils and gcc that comes with WinAVR
to build avr-libc under Cygwin.

[This is also going out to avr-gcc-list, but I still have problems posting to
the list so it probably won't show up there.]

Eric