Re: Bug in avr-gdb? was:Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR simulator and interrupts

From: James Fitzsimons
Subject: Re: Bug in avr-gdb? was:Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR simulator and interrupts
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:03:00 +0100

Hi Klaus, Theodore and list,

> >>Please try cvs head and the recently cut 6.2 branch and if either still
> >>exhibits the problem I'll look into it more. I don't want to chase down
> >>a bug that has already been fixed. :-)
> >>
> > I only tested the actual head for now. I need more then 45 minutes to
> > get an "update" of the
> > cvs sources which is much time and so I did not test 6.2 branch. But if
> > you have tested that it
> > should work because the same software should give same results :-)
> > Maybe James could do the test for the 6.2 branch. He is the originator
> > of the problem
> > so he must have the bugfix and so he should do the test :-)
>
> I will try the 6.2 branch this evening and let you know how I get on.

This evening I got the source for the 6.2 branch from cvs using the
following command.

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src co -r gdb_6_2-branch gdb

After building this version of gdb and the new (0.7) version of simulavr
and testing, I can now confirm that single stepping into and out of
interrupts using simulavr and gdb works correctly.

Thanks very much,
James Fitzsimons

--
It's 5.50 a.m.... Do you know where your stack pointer is ?