Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code Optimisation question re: volatile

From: Svein E. Seldal
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code Optimisation question re: volatile
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:46:55 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
I've got a patch that implementes 0b binary numbers for GCC (including
documentation update, finally :), do you think the GCC folks could be
braught to accept such a patch?  Many other compiler vendors allow for
this extension already, and my reading of the standard didn't show me
anything that would make it illegal to provide such an extension.

Yes I believe they would. You (or I :) ) could always try. Usually the gcc team is very easy to convince while others you have to really fight. If the patch is simple and clean, I guess that this wont be a problem at all. This is only about extending gcc's feature and the likeliness to introduce regressions/bugs are low.

( I just remembered that the author of this patch needs an copyright assignment with FSF to enable checkin into gcc, regardless of who proposes the patch to GCC. Who's the author? )

Svein