Re: [avr-gcc-list] why are the whole source lines not all visible in .ls

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] why are the whole source lines not all visible in .lst?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:40:21 +1000

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:15:22PM +0200, gouy yann wrote:
> the problem is with avr-objdump apparently.

Having not seen the avr-objdump output, this is just a shot in the dark.
If it is true that avr-objdump is filtering the code, then I'd be
tempted to try using -D instead of -d in your argument list:

> > >I've done some tests giving avr-objdump the following
> > >parameters "avr-objdump -h -S -x -d -s -g -t -T -a -f -p"

Mind you, this would only help if the compiler is hiding your missing
static functions in an unusual section. Does ""avr-objdump -h" show
anything unusual?

Does nm show the function name in the object file? If not, then it may
be a little harsh to blame avr-objdump.

A little bit more information would make it easier to work out what's
happening.

Erik